Tuesday, June 2, 2020

What to expect when you quit Facebook. (I quit 10 years ago)


I’m assuming a lot of people are going to be protesting against Facebook by leaving it and I thought I’d share my experience.It was really weird for a few weeks and there were a few times I reactivated my account to message people in the first couple months. After about 5 months I never looked back and it’s noticeably taken a lot of drama out of my life. Less anxiety too.I definitely see less fake news. Now I get the real scoop like how Zuck died last week.The downfalls have been that it’s harder to stay in touch with people that were just acquaintances but at the same time I feel like this has helped my closer circle relationships grow stronger.The absolute hardest thing that still gets me is that I don’t get birthday reminders for my friends. I’m often the last friend to send out the happy birthday text because I have to hear it through the grapevineTL;DR: If you’re going to quit Facebook write down your friends birthdays somewhere first. via /r/technology https://ift.tt/3gPHBCv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts