Tuesday, June 23, 2020

I found a way to disabled Facebook new look


TLDR: I don't like Facebook new look, and I found a way to return back to the classic view even though they tried disabling the option to go back.Few weeks ago, Facebook enabled for me the new look of the website. I hated it, so I changed it back to "Facebook classic" it worked fine, but few days ago they change it back to the new style for me and for many other users and this time removing the option to get back.I tried for a few days to use much less on Facebook and make them notice how the new look affected me, Nothing has changed I still could not change back to the classic facebook.Finally I found out that I can return to Facebook classic by faking my browser user agent (User agent is data sent by your browser to the web server and let them know what browser and OS you are using) I installed a chrome extension for changing the user agent for chosen websites and chose this one Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0 (A version of Firefox from 2017) to be used whenever I'm on FacebookSo now Facebook assumes the new style don't work in my browser and therefore it just defaults to the classic style. via /r/technology https://ift.tt/31abjwT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts